Barcelona: Setién calls bonding dinner for players and staff
New Barcelona coach Quique Setién has organised a dinner for players and staff in an effort to strengthen the unity of the group.
The Barcelona team and staff will not train until Friday afternoon in order to allow them to enjoy dinner at a well-known restaurant in Barcelona this Thursday night, according to TV3.
The dinner was organised by new coach, Quique Setién, who considers these types of initiatives as key to strengthening bonds among him, his staff and the players.
In fact, the Barcelona team have not convened for dinner since last September, as the traditional Christmas meet-up was called off due to the team’s tight calendar before the holidays.
Setién stamping his mark
It is evident that the arrival of the new coach is already beginning to impact the work routine that the team has had up to now. To start, he got rid of the rest day that the team had scheduled for Wednesday, called a double session for the day before, organised the dinner night for Thursday, and delayed Friday training until the afternoon so that players could extend the night a little.
On Saturday the team will train in the morning but without knowing the squad for Sunday’s clash with Granada, as a training session has been called for 12:00 on the afternoon of the game, during which Setién will announce his squad.
There is no doubt that Setién has arrived with the intention of putting his seal on things as soon as possible.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Real Madrid vs Manchester City: how and where to watch – times, TV, online
- Champions League Vidal sent off against Napoli
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Bayern with one foot in the quarter final
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Piqué limps out of Napoli tie with Clásico in doubt
- Tennis Who is Chicharito? Alexander Zverev stumped in Mexico
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Sterling fit for Man City-Real Madrid as Guardiola regrets Hazard loss