Ramos and Benzema return to training ahead of Sevilla clash
Ramos was expected out for a couple of weeks but returned to training on Friday and Benzema was included too with an eye on the Sevilla game.
Sergio Ramos and Karim Benzema provided good news at Real Madrid training ahead of the Sevilla game at the Bernabéu on Saturday. The two players exercised with the rest of their teammates but Zidane will have the last say on whether they are called into the squad for the weekend.
For Ramos, the game against his former side is something special and even more since the controversial songs sung at him by fans at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán recently. The captain, who injured his ankle in the Spanish Super Cup final, took part in the rondos and runs with Dupont. He did have tape on his right leg though but he didn't show any pain or discomfort during the session.
Benzema also trained with the group. The French striker missed the Spanish Super Cup with a left hamstring issue but could return to the starting line-up against Sevilla. A goal from Benzema was enough to seal victory against former Madrid manager, Julen Lopetegui, in the reverse fixture of this tie earlier in the year. Benzema's return solves a problem in attack with Luka Jovic also just coming back from a minor injury. The one who loses out with the return of the two strikers is Mariano, who will likely drop out of the squad again.
Asensio and Hazard are the only two completely ruled out of the game as they continue their respective recoveries.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson out for the rest of the season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Former players call for change after calamitous VAR decisions
- World Football Summit Collina on VAR: “In five years we’ve gone from zero to having it in all main competitions”
- Interview | Andrés Iniesta Iniesta: "I wanted the ball, I wanted to be decisive"
- Football Jack Charlton: tributes for 1966 World Cup winner
- ALFREDO RELAÑO More fuel on the fire, and one step closer to the title