Xavi adds Qatar Cup to his honours list as Al-Saad stroll
Three first half goals from Al-Saad set up the Xavi Hernandez coached side to secure the 2020 Qatari Cup with a 4-0 win over Al-Duhail.
Former FC Barcelona legend and current Al-Saad coach Xavi Hernandez was in the news last weekend after the Terrassa born rejected an approach from the Catalan club to take over from the outgoing Ernesto Valverde after the board decided that the Basque coach's time with the club had come to a natural conclusion.
The 39-year-old decided that the timing of the offer wasn't right and opted to remain with Doha based Qatari side Al-Saad. On Friday, the Catalan coach added a Qatar Cup 2020 winners medal to his vast list of honours as they dispatched rivals Al-Duhail 4-0 in the cup final at the Jassim Bin Hamad stadium in the Qatari capital.
Despite featuring the likes of Medhi Benatia and new recruit, Croatian striker Mario Mandzukic in the Al-Duhail ranks, Al-Saad proved too strong for Rui Faria's men with three Al-Saad goals in the first half tilting the balance of the tie towards Xavi's side.
This is second time that Xavi has secured a trophy in his time on the Al-Saad bench with the other win coming in the 2019 campaign as his side won the Super Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS unemployment refund update: how to track and check its state
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS How filing a tax return could help you get third stimulus check plus-up payments
- PERSONAL FINANCE Who qualifies for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) in California?
- Serie A Pirlo: Cristiano Ronaldo happy to be substituted
- REAL MADRID Zidane to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández scores his seventh goal of the season in MLS