Barça will give their all to be successful under new coach Setién – Ter Stegen
Marc-Andre ter Stegen says Barcelona's players will give their all to ensure Quique Setién is a success at Camp Nou.
New coach Quique Setién is already trying to implement changes at Barcelona and the squad are fully behind him, says goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen.
Former Real Betis coach Setién took over at LaLiga leaders Barca on Monday after the club parted company with Ernesto Valverde.
His first match in charge comes on Sunday, when Granada visit Camp Nou.
Upon his arrival at Barca, Setién thanked Valverde for his work, though also vowed to apply his own attacking, possession-based playing style, which drew plaudits during his time at Las Palmas and Betis.
Ter Stegen: A long way to go and we'll give it our all
Barça goalkeeper Ter Stegen revealed Setién has already put new ideas across to the Blaugrana squad, who the Germany international says will do everything in their power to ensure the 61-year-old is a success.
"We have a new coach, who is trying to change some things, everyone has their idea of football, we are listening, we try to do what they ask and give everything to make it possible," Ter Stegen told the media after being presented with the Barca Players Association award on Friday.
"We really want to continue [to be] first in LaLiga and to continue in the Champions League.
"We have a long way to go and we will give it our all. Let's go for everything."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS UK bars and pubs reopening on Super Saturday July 4th: schedule, opening times, conditions
- CORONAVIRUS July 4th 2020: Why it is called ‘Super Saturday’?
- BUNDESLIGA Rummenigge confirms Thiago Alcántara will leave Bayern Munich
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid troll Barcelona about four-point lead
- CORONAVIRUS | USA How to celebrate July 4th safely during Covid-19
- Coronavirus Ghanaian minister resigns after breaching self-isolation rules