Juventus and Barça in talks over Bernardeschi-Rakitic swap deal
The idea of a Bernardeschi-Rakitic swap deal had intially emerged last summer but was ruled out by ex-Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde, who was sacked on Monday.
Juventus and Barcelona are currently in talks about a possible swap deal involving Ivan Rakitic and Federico Bernardeschi.
The idea had already emerged last summer, but was eventually ruled out by the Catalan club due to the refusal of ex-coach Ernesto Valverde, who was sacked on Monday.
However, with the arrival of new coach Quique Setién at Camp Nou, the operation could now be feasible and is being considered by the leaders of both clubs.
Juventus are looking to strengthen their central midfield and Croatian international Rakitic would be the kind of signing that would satisfy coach Maurizio Sarri.
Rakitic has given green light to Juventus move
The 31-year-old Barcelona midfielder, who has struggled for his place at Camp Nou this season, has already agreed personal terms with the Serie A side. However, the Bianconeri still need to reach a deal with Barcelona.
As it stands, the clubs have not been able to agree on the financial side of the swap deal; the Italians are emphasizing the the six-year age gap between 25-year-old Bernardeschi and his Barcelona counterpart.
Meanwhile, a response from Bernardeschi’s camp is expected imminently. The Italian player’s representatives must give the green light before they open talks with Barcelona, with whom they have not yet spoken.
Like Rakitic, the ex-Fiorentina midfielder has struggled for prominence this season, starting just nine of 19 Serie A games for the Old Lady since August.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: what’s in the GOP bill to be voted on this week?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check What have Biden and Trump said about second stimulus check?
- Premier League Man Utd and Liverpool in European Premier League talks - report
- Inter Milan Conte: Inter better prepared to contend in Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ramos ruled out of Real Madrid's Champions League opener