REAL MADRID - SEVILLA
Sevilla visit the Bernabéu on the back of 12 losses in a row there
This millenium has been a very successful one for Sevilla but their away form in big stadiums has been an ongoing problem with the Bernabéu the worst of all.
Sevilla travel to the Santiago Bernabéu on Saturday with one of the sorriest records at the stadium in football. They have not won away from home against Real Madrid in 12 games. Their last win against Madrid at the stadium came in December 2008.
Their away record was one of the worst in general against the bigger sides in LaLiga. In eight seasons, they did not take as much as a point from the Bernabéu, Camp Nou or San Mamés. Between the Calderón and the Wanda they collected just three points, the same amount as they have won at the Mestalla in the same time period.
It has been one of the better eras for Sevilla with three consecutive Europa League, becoming a fixture in the Champions League and playing in Copa del Rey finals too but the black mark against their name is the lack of away form.
That win back in December 2008 finished 3-4 and was not plain sailing. Adriano, Kanouté, Renato and Romaric scored for the away side. Raúl, Higuaín and Fernando Gago scored for Madrid. The only player left on Sevilla's team is Jesus Navas while Ramos and Marcelo played for Real Madrid. they have won just three games at the Bernabéu this millenium.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus If coronavirus can’t be contained in the US it is predicted to cause over 3,000 deaths in a single day
- Serie A Coronavirus: Serie A clubs unanimously in favour of up to one-third pay cut for players
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care in London
- Coronavirus CDC face masks: how to make, use and other instructions
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Can pets get infected with COVID-19?
- Football Radomir Antic, former Real Madrid, Atlético and Barcelona coach, dies aged 71