Lopetegui to Monchi: "This is a disgrace man, always the same"
Sevilla's head coach made no secret of his anger after De Jong's header was ruled out and made his feelings clear to the Sevilla director general.
In minute 31 of the Real Madrid-Sevilla LaLiga clash, match official Martínez Munuera ruled out a headed De Jong effort which would have put the visitors ahead 0-1 on the day.
After consulting VAR, the referee deemed that Sevilla's Gudelj fouled Madrid defender Militao in a passage of play leading up to the De Jong header. The decision provoked outrage from the Sevilla bench with head coach Julen Lopetegui visibly angered by the decision.
Pointing to Martínez Munuera as the teams headed towards the tunnel at the interval, the coach approached Monchi and shouted pointing to the referee: "This is a disgrace man, always the same" with the Sevilla manager's words and outburst picked up by the Movistar LaLiga cameras.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Real Madrid vs Manchester City: how and where to watch – times, TV, online
- Champions League Vidal sent off against Napoli
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Bayern with one foot in the quarter final
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Piqué limps out of Napoli tie with Clásico in doubt
- Tennis Who is Chicharito? Alexander Zverev stumped in Mexico
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Sterling fit for Man City-Real Madrid as Guardiola regrets Hazard loss