Setién's first Barcelona list: Ter Stegen, Arthur and Riqui Puig...
The German goalkeeper returns following his knee problems and Arthur is over his groin injury. Riqui gets the nod and Wague if excluded.
Quique Setién pinned up his first squad list inside the Barça changing rooms - the coach has called 18 players in which there were just a handful of suprises. Marc-André Ter Stegen, Arthur Melo and Riqui Puig were the three eye-catching additions in the list. The goalkeeper appears to be over the problems he has been suffering to the tendon in his right knee and will make his first appearance of the New Year. He sat out the Catalan derby against Espanyol as well as the Spanish Super Cup meeting with Atlético Madrid. Arthur meanwhile, has put his groin troubles behind him. Club bosses hope that Setién will get the best out of Arthur and that his comportment will be more in line with what is expected at Barça.
The other big news in Setién's first list was the inclusion of Riqui Puig. Frenkie de Jong is serving a suspension, while Carles Aleñá's departure on loan has left has left an opportunity for Puig, who is expected to start on the subs' bench.
The full Barcelona squad list reads: Ter Stegen, Semedo, Piqué, Rakitic, Busquets, Arthur, Messi, Neto, Lenglet, Griezmann, Alba, Sergi Roberto, Vidal, Umtiti, Júnior, Carles Pérez, Riqui Puig and Ansu Fati.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo inspired Man United move - Bruno Fernandes
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Rodrygo to drop down to Castilla
- Chivas beats Xolos in Tijuana in the beginning of the 7th week of the Clausura 2020
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid players who will be out of contract in 2021
- MLS Jürgen Damm could sign with a MLS team in July
- LALIGA SANTANDER Levante vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online