Raúl's RM Castilla stumble again away to Marino Luanco
A goal for the home side in the first half ensured maximum points stayed in Asturias with the heavy pitch conditioning the game.
Real Madrid Castilla coached by Raúl Gonzalez blanco fell to their seventh defeat of the season as they lost 1-0 away to Asturian side Marino Luanco. The heavy rain that fell constantly over the weekend in many areas of the Iberian Peninsula conditioned the pattern of the game with both sides resorting to a long ball game conditioned by the state of the playing surface.
The only goal of the contest came midway through the first half after Castilla's De la Fuente was adjudged to have fouled Lora in the box and Álex Arias made no mistake in slotting home the spot kick.
Raúl made changed in the second half but his side were able to break down a resistant Marino Luanco rear-guard and left the Asturian town empty handed.
The utopia of promotion to Spain's Segunda now feels like a bridge too far for Castilla as Raúl's side languish in twelfth position of Group I in 2B lying eight points off a play-off place with Santa Eulalia holding fourth spot with, ironically the Ibiza outfit next opponents for Castilla next weekend at Valdebebas.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Sweden's death rate shows danger of 'herd immunity'
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane asks club for RB Leipzig's Upamecano
- Kingsley Coman: Pep Guardiola the most influential coach I've had
- BARCELONA Barcelona deny former vice-president's "hand in till" claims
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Could there be a second wave of the epidemic in autumn?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 10 April