Sanction to rule Parejo out of Barcelona clash
Valencia will appeal the yellow cards issued during the 4-1 defeat away to Mallorca but hopes are slender of a u-turn in the referee's decision.
Dani Parejo is highly likely to play no part in next weekend's game for his Valencia side as they face FC Barcelona at Mestalla on Saturday.
The Valencia captain was given his marching orders in the 51st minute of Sunday's LaLiga clash as Celades' side faced Mallorca.
Parejo picked up his first yellow of the game in the sixth minute of action and that card was his fifth yellow of the cycle. To add insult to injury, the midfielder was awarded a second yellow of the evening in the 51st minute and despite Valencia's intention to appeal the cards awarded by match official Melero López but realise that the wording of referee's match report makes the success of such appeal being unlikely.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus: Pirlo not worried ahead of Barcelona clash as Bianconeri held again
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Isco's Zidane complaints caught on camera
- BARCELONA 1-3 REAL MADRID Barcelona complain about Martínez Munuera's refereeing in El Clásico
- Messi is the best in the world... Barca players must adapt to him - De Jong
- FOOTBALL Manchester City eye RB Leipzig's Nagelsmann - rumour has it
- PREMIER LEAGUE Aubameyang impressed with Arsenal newboy Thomas