Sanction to rule Parejo out of Barcelona clash
Valencia will appeal the yellow cards issued during the 4-1 defeat away to Mallorca but hopes are slender of a u-turn in the referee's decision.
Dani Parejo is highly likely to play no part in next weekend's game for his Valencia side as they face FC Barcelona at Mestalla on Saturday.
The Valencia captain was given his marching orders in the 51st minute of Sunday's LaLiga clash as Celades' side faced Mallorca.
Parejo picked up his first yellow of the game in the sixth minute of action and that card was his fifth yellow of the cycle. To add insult to injury, the midfielder was awarded a second yellow of the evening in the 51st minute and despite Valencia's intention to appeal the cards awarded by match official Melero López but realise that the wording of referee's match report makes the success of such appeal being unlikely.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liverpool Klopp: Mbappe, Haaland will think twice if Liverpool can't offer Champions League football
- CSL Chinese Super League counts the cost of the boom years
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid, Liverpool and Juve keen on Lyon's Houssem Aouar
- NBA NBA All-Star weekend: who were the Hall of Famers in 2020?
- CORONAVIRUS Biden criticises “Neanderthal” decision to remove mask mandates
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals