Ronaldo solves 100 problems for Juventus - Sarri
Any failings on Cristiano Ronaldo's part are made up for 100-fold, says Juventus coach Maurizio Sarri.
Juventus coach Maurizio Sarri hailed "champion" Cristiano Ronaldo after his brace gave his side a valuable 2-1 Serie A home win against Parma.
Ronaldo scored in either half to clinch victory on Sunday, capitalising on title rivals Inter's failure to beat Lecce earlier in the day.
The Portuguese was a defensive contributor, too, yet he was outjumped by Andreas Cornelius as Parma briefly pulled level.
Sarri is happy to take the rough with the smooth when it comes to his star man, though.
Sarri: Juventus must revolve around Ronaldo
"We have a champion who sometimes creates a problem for you but solves 100 of them," he told Sky Sport Italia. "The rest of the team has to revolve around him."
Ronaldo had chances for further goals, and Sarri was frustrated with his team's inability to extend their lead and set up a straightforward finale.
"The mental intensity can be improved, even the management of certain moments of the matches," he said. "I don't even like dribbling in our own half in the last few minutes.
"I would prefer to concede a goal on the counter-attack than in our own penalty area.
"Putting Higuain on at 2-1 was a clear message to the team: let's end the game."
Victory saw Juve move four points clear of second-placed Inter, although Lazio are also a threat a further two points back but with a game in hand.
However, Sarri is concerned by neither the Nerazzurri nor the in-form capital club.
"I have a fear for other things, not for football. Concern? Even that [would not describe it]," he said. "We are talking about sports.
"We know we have two very strong opponents. One is in an amazing moment that will hopefully not last long."
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night