PSG: Cavani wants out but Atlético bid rejected - Leonardo
Atlético Madrid have failed in an initial bid for Edinson Cavani, but PSG sporting director Leonardo is anticipating further talks.
Edinson Cavani has asked to leave Paris Saint-Germain but the club have rejected an initial approach from Atlético Madrid, sporting director Leonardo has confirmed.
PSG's record goalscorer Cavani is out of contract at the end of the season and has repeatedly been linked with a January move away from the Parc des Princes.
A move to Atlético appeared close earlier in the transfer window, and the Uruguay international sat out both the midweek win against Monaco and Sunday's 1-0 Coupe de France defeat of Lorient.
"We had an offer from Atlético Madrid, but we did not accept it"
However, it is reported PSG have turned down a 10-million-euro bid from the LaLiga club, although Leonardo revealed there would be further discussions.
"Edinson Cavani has asked to leave. We are studying the situation," Leonardo told reporters. "We had an offer from Atlético Madrid, but we did not accept it.
"I don't know how this is going to turn out. We are going to discuss more. We know the situation. It is not an easy one."
On the possibility of bringing in a striker if Cavani left, the PSG chief added: "It is a good question. We are thinking it over."
Tuchel on Cavani: "Ask Leonardo"
Thomas Tuchel had little to add on the situation, however, referring back to Leonardo.
"I do not know if Edinson Cavani will be here in February," the coach told a news conference. "We do not know what will happen tomorrow - anything can happen.
"You want to discuss it, but I do not. Ask Leonardo."
After beating Lorient in the domestic cup, PSG will visit third-tier Pau in the last 16. The pick of the draw sees Nice host Lyon.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Iván Zamorano: “Raúl Jiménez is as good or even better than Karim Benzema”
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: US citizens buying more guns amid pandemic
- Coronavirus USA Coronavirus: how will stimulus checks work in the United States?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Bill Gates told Rafa Nadal Covid-19 pandemic would become "complicated"
- CORONAVIRUS | INDIA How to apply for Delhi curfew passes online?
- REAL MADRID Racing president: "Lautaro turned down Madrid when he was 18"