Reinier on Madrid trip: "I had a few private issues to see to"
After Brazil Under-23s' win over Peru, Reinier Jesus couldn't hide his happiness when asked about his expected move to Real Madrid.
Brazil's Under-23s opened up their Olympic qualifying campaign with a 1-0 victory over Peru on Sunday, on what was the 18th birthday of rising star Reinier Jesus - a player who is close to completing a January move to one of the biggest clubs in world football.
Reinier's Real Madrid move can now be confirmed
Speaking to the media post-match, Reinier could not conceal his happiness when asked about his anticipated transfer to Real Madrid, but stressed that he is currently concentrating on helping Brazil to book their place at the men's football tournament at this summer's Olympics in Tokyo.
"I'm focused on Brazil for now. When I got here I turned my full focus onto this competition, which is really important for me and for all of us," said Reinier, who arrived at the qualifying tournament in Colombia after the rest of the squad following a flying visit to Madrid.
"I had a few private issues to see to [laughs], but I'm fully focused on the national team. It was just a quick thing and everything's fine."
Having already completed a medical, Reinier's move to Madrid can be confirmed now that he is 18. "I'm really happy, right now I've got to keep on working hard and we'll see what happens," said the attacking midfielder, who featured as a second-half subsitute against Peru.
Peru win "a great birthday present", says Reinier
On the Canarinha's victorious start to their bid to reach Tokyo, Reinier said: "I'm really happy and it's a great birthday present. These three points are very important and now we've just got to keep on working with the coach."
Brazil's second Olympic qualifying fixture sees them face Uruguay on Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- NFL Roethlisberger to stay with Steelers for 2021 after agreeing new deal
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: what's the deadline for the Senate vote?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks What are automatic stimulus checks and will they become a reality?
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return 2021: how to calculate what you pay with income brackets and rates
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax credit for child care: how much it is per child and family?