Reinier on Madrid trip: "I had a few private issues to see to"
After Brazil Under-23s' win over Peru, Reinier Jesus couldn't hide his happiness when asked about his expected move to Real Madrid.
Brazil's Under-23s opened up their Olympic qualifying campaign with a 1-0 victory over Peru on Sunday, on what was the 18th birthday of rising star Reinier Jesus - a player who is close to completing a January move to one of the biggest clubs in world football.
Reinier's Real Madrid move can now be confirmed
Speaking to the media post-match, Reinier could not conceal his happiness when asked about his anticipated transfer to Real Madrid, but stressed that he is currently concentrating on helping Brazil to book their place at the men's football tournament at this summer's Olympics in Tokyo.
"I'm focused on Brazil for now. When I got here I turned my full focus onto this competition, which is really important for me and for all of us," said Reinier, who arrived at the qualifying tournament in Colombia after the rest of the squad following a flying visit to Madrid.
"I had a few private issues to see to [laughs], but I'm fully focused on the national team. It was just a quick thing and everything's fine."
Having already completed a medical, Reinier's move to Madrid can be confirmed now that he is 18. "I'm really happy, right now I've got to keep on working hard and we'll see what happens," said the attacking midfielder, who featured as a second-half subsitute against Peru.
Peru win "a great birthday present", says Reinier
On the Canarinha's victorious start to their bid to reach Tokyo, Reinier said: "I'm really happy and it's a great birthday present. These three points are very important and now we've just got to keep on working with the coach."
Brazil's second Olympic qualifying fixture sees them face Uruguay on Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: what’s in the GOP bill to be voted on this week?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check What have Biden and Trump said about second stimulus check?
- Premier League Man Utd and Liverpool in European Premier League talks - report
- Inter Milan Conte: Inter better prepared to contend in Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ramos ruled out of Real Madrid's Champions League opener