Monchi: "I practice just two religions, Catholicism and Sevilla"
Sevilla's sporting director hit back after coming under-fire for his heavy criticism of the refereeing decisions given against Sevilla t the Bernabeu.
Ahead of Tuesday's Copa del Rey third round tie at home to Levante UD, Sevilla's sporting director Monchi faced the media and defended himself for his outburst against referring decisions that went against his Sevilla side at the Santiago Bernabéu last week-end.
Bernabéu outburst: "I feel I have the right to reply to the deluge of criticism my comments have generated. I don´t give any time to outside influence as my only concern is Sevilla FC. I practice two religions, Catholicism and Sevilla.... the rest I don't care".
En Nesyri and his price-tag: "The current market is inflated so we sell at a high price and have to purchase at that level too. We felt that paying 20 million euro for his services was necessary and have invested in a player that fits with the aspirations of the head coach . Time will tell if we have spent too much or too little on the striker".
Chicharito: "We've been in negotiations for some time now and it would appear we're about to reach the final point. We've covered a potential departure and have identified a potential replacement, but all without any pressure".
More possible exits: "As of today, we don´t see any other players leaving the club during this window".
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo looking to achieve goal-scoring holy grail
- MLS MLS is back tournament changes as players test positive for coronavirus
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester City player ratings vs Arsenal
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- ATLÉTICO Atlético Madrid's stadium finally demolished: The last days of the Vicente Calderón