Monchi: "I practice just two religions, Catholicism and Sevilla"
Sevilla's sporting director hit back after coming under-fire for his heavy criticism of the refereeing decisions given against Sevilla t the Bernabeu.
Ahead of Tuesday's Copa del Rey third round tie at home to Levante UD, Sevilla's sporting director Monchi faced the media and defended himself for his outburst against referring decisions that went against his Sevilla side at the Santiago Bernabéu last week-end.
Bernabéu outburst: "I feel I have the right to reply to the deluge of criticism my comments have generated. I don´t give any time to outside influence as my only concern is Sevilla FC. I practice two religions, Catholicism and Sevilla.... the rest I don't care".
En Nesyri and his price-tag: "The current market is inflated so we sell at a high price and have to purchase at that level too. We felt that paying 20 million euro for his services was necessary and have invested in a player that fits with the aspirations of the head coach . Time will tell if we have spent too much or too little on the striker".
Chicharito: "We've been in negotiations for some time now and it would appear we're about to reach the final point. We've covered a potential departure and have identified a potential replacement, but all without any pressure".
More possible exits: "As of today, we don´t see any other players leaving the club during this window".
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Florida coronavirus lockdown: how long is it & what are the restrictions?
- FOOTBALL Ibrahimovic unsure about future - I don't even know what I want
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: US unemployment rate, jobless claims by state
- Coronavirus Famous athletes, artists and celebrities with coronavirus: Boris Johnson, Kevin Durant, Dybala...
- PSG PSG: Boca Juniors president rules out Cavani move
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid concern for Achraf as Europe's top clubs circle