Monchi: "I practice just two religions, Catholicism and Sevilla"
Sevilla's sporting director hit back after coming under-fire for his heavy criticism of the refereeing decisions given against Sevilla t the Bernabeu.
Ahead of Tuesday's Copa del Rey third round tie at home to Levante UD, Sevilla's sporting director Monchi faced the media and defended himself for his outburst against referring decisions that went against his Sevilla side at the Santiago Bernabéu last week-end.
Bernabéu outburst: "I feel I have the right to reply to the deluge of criticism my comments have generated. I don´t give any time to outside influence as my only concern is Sevilla FC. I practice two religions, Catholicism and Sevilla.... the rest I don't care".
En Nesyri and his price-tag: "The current market is inflated so we sell at a high price and have to purchase at that level too. We felt that paying 20 million euro for his services was necessary and have invested in a player that fits with the aspirations of the head coach . Time will tell if we have spent too much or too little on the striker".
Chicharito: "We've been in negotiations for some time now and it would appear we're about to reach the final point. We've covered a potential departure and have identified a potential replacement, but all without any pressure".
More possible exits: "As of today, we don´t see any other players leaving the club during this window".
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star: Best images from the Slam Dunk Contest
- USMNT Giovanni Reyna could miss Dortmund's clash against Sevilla
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kane on par with Henry, Liverpool worst champions ever? Premier League weekend's quirky facts
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Atlético attack Real Madrid: "They even criticise correct decisions..."
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: Juve must be patient against Porto, says Pirlo
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: what's the last step after relief bill passed by Senate?