Stopper Roberto swaps West Ham for Alaves
Roberto Jiménez has failed to impress in the Premier League and has been allowed to leave Premier League side West Ham on loan for Deportivo Alaves.
West Ham goalkeeper Roberto has signed for Deportivo Alaves on loan for the rest of the season after a disappointing first six months in the Premier League.
The 33-year-old was brought to London Stadium on a free transfer at the end of May as a back-up to established number one Lukasz Fabianski, signing a two-year deal.
But an early hip injury for Fabianski handed Roberto his opportunity in the first team.
The Spaniard played eight times in the league but was at fault for a number of goals during a slump in form and was eventually replaced by David Martin.
Fabianski suffered another injury earlier this month, yet West Ham have brought back Darren Randolph from Middlesbrough in a reported £4million transfer.
Roberto has subsequently been allowed to return to LaLiga on a temporary deal.
Good luck, Roberto!— West Ham United (@WestHam) January 20, 2020
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Toronto FC eager to sign Santos Borré
- LIGA MX “Many things were said that are not true” - Roger Martínez
- REAL MADRID The New Bernabéu starts preparing for fans' return
- Barcelona Koeman unworried by how Sunday's Madrid derby turns out
- BARCELONA Barcelona seek a new president to lead them into a new era
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live