Stopper Roberto swaps West Ham for Alaves
Roberto Jiménez has failed to impress in the Premier League and has been allowed to leave Premier League side West Ham on loan for Deportivo Alaves.
West Ham goalkeeper Roberto has signed for Deportivo Alaves on loan for the rest of the season after a disappointing first six months in the Premier League.
The 33-year-old was brought to London Stadium on a free transfer at the end of May as a back-up to established number one Lukasz Fabianski, signing a two-year deal.
But an early hip injury for Fabianski handed Roberto his opportunity in the first team.
The Spaniard played eight times in the league but was at fault for a number of goals during a slump in form and was eventually replaced by David Martin.
Fabianski suffered another injury earlier this month, yet West Ham have brought back Darren Randolph from Middlesbrough in a reported £4million transfer.
Roberto has subsequently been allowed to return to LaLiga on a temporary deal.
Good luck, Roberto!— West Ham United (@WestHam) January 20, 2020
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus US banks business hours from 6 to 12 July: Citi, Wells Fargo, Bank of America
- CORONAVIRUS What is the bubonic plague, its symptoms and how it spreads?
- LALIGA LaLiga countdown: remaining fixtures for Real Madrid and Barcelona
- World Football Summit “The countries with the best response to Covid-19 were led by women, football should learn from that”