Work, work & more work as Setién makes Barça players sweat
Since taking over at the club, the player's have been given no days off and this week is shaping up the same way for the Barça first team squad.
Since taking over as new head coach at the Catalan club, Quique Setién has been quick to show his methodology and impress upon his side the benefits of work on the training pitch.
The Santander born coach took over as Ernesto Valverde's replacement on January 13th and scrapped the day-off previously agreed by his Basque predecessor (Wednesday January 15) with the new coach also adding an evening session on top of the already scheduled morning training session on Tuesday January 14 such was his eagerness to get to familiarise himself better with his new players.
The current week ahead shows no sign of a let-up in the intensity levels with the club involved in two official games this week, as they face Ibiza (away) in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday and travel to Mestalla in LaLiga next Saturday. The squad trained today (Monday 20th) at the Ciutat Esportiva and will train again tomorrow evening at 18:00 ahead of their trip to the Balearic island on Wednesday. Thursday also sees a training session for 11:00 with the final session ahead of the Valencia game being scheduled for Friday at 15:30.
Barça travel south to Valencia on Saturday with a recovery session scheduled at the Ciutat Esportiva on Sunday morning at 11:00. The club's planning schedule currently goes as far as Monday 27th with another training session at 11:00 marked in on the club calendar.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea defeat "a massive blow" to Liverpool's Champions League hopes, admits Klopp
- Borussia Dortmund - Bayern Munich Klassiker: Haaland a pretender to Lewandowski's throne?
- Copa del Rey Athletic Bilbao could win Copa del Rey twice in two weeks
- PSG Neymar: PSG face Lille issue over international fixtures
- NFL Broncos want to bring back Von Miller – George Paton