David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
New MLS franchise are close to securing Qatar as their main sponsor for their first season, David Beckham’s team have been negotiating this deal for months
Inter Miami and David Beckham are in talks with Qatar over a new sponsorship deal according to The Athletic. The new MLS team finally got up and running this month and are set to make their debut in the MLS 2020 season.
The negotiations with Qatar are said to be at an advanced stage and a deal could be closed in the next few days. The deal will cover the kit sponsorship and possibly naming rights to the club’s Freedom Park Stadium, which is due to open in 2022.
David Beckham’s club is currently without a sponsor for the new season but according to reports in the Athletic, he has been negotiating with Qatar for the past few months and a deal is expected the team's kit if officially unveiled.
Inter Miami make their debut on 1 March against LAFC at the Banc of California Stadium but have a series of friendly games lined up before that - they will face Philadelphia Union on 15 February, FC Dallas on 22 February and Charleston on a date which has yet to be confirmed.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Real Madrid vs Manchester City: how and where to watch – times, TV, online
- Champions League Vidal sent off against Napoli
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Bayern with one foot in the quarter final
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Piqué limps out of Napoli tie with Clásico in doubt
- Tennis Who is Chicharito? Alexander Zverev stumped in Mexico
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Sterling fit for Man City-Real Madrid as Guardiola regrets Hazard loss