Aston Villa bolster attack with Mbwana Samatta signing
Mbwana Samatta moves to the Midlands from KRC Genk and will look to fill the void left by Wesley after joining Premier League side Aston Villa.
Aston Villa have announced the signing of centre-forward Mbwana Samatta on a four-and-a-half-year deal from Belgian side KRC Genk, giving the relegation-threatened Premier League club a much-needed extra option up front. Villa Manager Dean Smith said: "I'm really pleased we have managed to bring Mbwana to the club. He has scored goals throughout his career and I'm looking forward to working with him."
Villa rocked by Wesley setback
Former Club Brugge striker Wesley, who joined Villa in a reported £22million move in June, suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury in the win over Burnley on New Year's Day.
Samatta will hope to help fill the void, having scored 10 goals in 28 appearances in all competitions for Genk this season - including one against Liverpool at Anfield in the Champions League. The Tanzania international has cost Villa a reported 11 million euros.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus How much has unemployment gap widened between black and white people?
- Lampard praises 'fantastic' Pulisic after Chelsea star scores again
- SERIE A AC Milan 4-2 Juventus: Sarri bemoans "total blackout"
- ATLÉTICO Atlético Madrid's stadium finally demolished: The last days of the Vicente Calderón
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo looking to achieve goal-scoring holy grail
- MLS MLS is back tournament changes as players test positive for coronavirus