Barcelona start the search for a No. 9
The Catalan club are anxious to fill the void left by the Suárez injury and the likes of Aubameyang, Rodrigo and Timo Werner are candidates on the Camp Nou wishlist.
With just over a week remaining in the current winter transfer window, club officials at FC Barcelona have deemed that the absence of Luis Suarez for at least four months due to injury is too much time to be without a key striker.
Names of potential signings are already circulating with the likes of Timo Werner (RB Leipzig), Valencia's Rodrigo Moreno and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal) being cited as potential targets for the Catalan club.
Setién striker request
With a demanding second half of the season upcoming, with LaLiga, Champions League and Copa del Rey titles to be contested, new head coach Setién made it clear in a meeting with the FC Barcelona sporting management on Monday that a replacement for Suarez was a necessity despite the club having to keep an eye on costs.
Local Catalan sports dailies Mundo Deportivo and Sport cite Rodrigo Moreno, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Timo Werner as three strikers on a Barça short-list.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: is it mandatory to vote and can I be fined?
- US Election 2020 What's Trump's plan to improve the economy, provide stimulus and lower unemployment?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: what does a ballot look like?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: could it be higher than $1,200?
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news