Barcelona start the search for a No. 9
The Catalan club are anxious to fill the void left by the Suárez injury and the likes of Aubameyang, Rodrigo and Timo Werner are candidates on the Camp Nou wishlist.
With just over a week remaining in the current winter transfer window, club officials at FC Barcelona have deemed that the absence of Luis Suarez for at least four months due to injury is too much time to be without a key striker.
Names of potential signings are already circulating with the likes of Timo Werner (RB Leipzig), Valencia's Rodrigo Moreno and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal) being cited as potential targets for the Catalan club.
Setién striker request
With a demanding second half of the season upcoming, with LaLiga, Champions League and Copa del Rey titles to be contested, new head coach Setién made it clear in a meeting with the FC Barcelona sporting management on Monday that a replacement for Suarez was a necessity despite the club having to keep an eye on costs.
Local Catalan sports dailies Mundo Deportivo and Sport cite Rodrigo Moreno, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Timo Werner as three strikers on a Barça short-list.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: why could it be unlikely?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Veteran third stimulus check: when is it arriving & how much?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin pleads the Fifth Amendment: what is it, and what are the defendant’s rights when they invoke it?
- US NEWS A new proposal to revamp unemployment systems and increase benefits announced
- NBA Dallas' Doncic on game-winning three-pointer: "Those are the best feelings ever"
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Tokyo Olympics cancellation remains an option, says top Japanese politician