Barcelona start the search for a No. 9
The Catalan club are anxious to fill the void left by the Suárez injury and the likes of Aubameyang, Rodrigo and Timo Werner are candidates on the Camp Nou wishlist.
With just over a week remaining in the current winter transfer window, club officials at FC Barcelona have deemed that the absence of Luis Suarez for at least four months due to injury is too much time to be without a key striker.
Names of potential signings are already circulating with the likes of Timo Werner (RB Leipzig), Valencia's Rodrigo Moreno and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal) being cited as potential targets for the Catalan club.
Setién striker request
With a demanding second half of the season upcoming, with LaLiga, Champions League and Copa del Rey titles to be contested, new head coach Setién made it clear in a meeting with the FC Barcelona sporting management on Monday that a replacement for Suarez was a necessity despite the club having to keep an eye on costs.
Local Catalan sports dailies Mundo Deportivo and Sport cite Rodrigo Moreno, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Timo Werner as three strikers on a Barça short-list.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Manchester United would rather sign Diogo Jota than Raul Jimenez
- NAPOLI- BARCELONA Setién: "Barcelona do not talk much about Anfield or Rome"
- Vanessa Bryant submits wrongful death lawsuit against helicopter company
- Champions League Napoli “There is no space for Hirving Lozano here”
- Thiago Silva, Herrera to miss second leg of Borussia Dortmund tie
- Liga MX Roberto Alvarado denies spitting on Enner Valencia