Reinier becomes Real Madrid's most expensive January signing
The 30m-euro fee spent by Real Madrid on Brazilian youngster Reinier is a record January outlay for the LaLiga club.
Real Madrid's 30m-euro move for Reinier Jesus has made the Brazilian the LaLiga club's most expensive ever January signing.
Reinier overtakes 2009 signing Huntelaar
Previously, Madrid's biggest mid-season outlay was on Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, who arrived from Ajax in a 27m-euro deal in 2008/09, followed by the 20.5m-euro purchase of Fernando Gago from Boca Juniors two seasons before. The podium was completed by Lass Diarra, who joined for 20m from Portsmouth in January 2009.
Real Madrid's most expensive January signings
Reinier fee the seventh-highest in a January window
In overall terms, Reinier's fee is the seventh-highest in a winter window - some way off Philippe Coutinho, whose 145m-euro switch to Barcelona in 2018 is the most expensive ever.
Most expensive January moves of all time
|Player and buying club||Price (euros)
|Van Dijk (Liverpool)||84.6m||2017-2018||Southampton|
|Dzeko (Manchester City)||37m||2010-2011||Wolfsburg|
|Reinier (Real Madrid)||30m||2019-2020||Flamengo|
|Huntelaar (Real Madrid)||27m||2008-2009||Ajax|
|Seedorf (Inter Milan)||24m||1999-2000||Real Madrid|
The priciest transfer so far in the current mid-season window is Juventus' 35m-euro swoop for Atalanta's Dejan Kulusevski, who sits sixth in the all-time list.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will we one before 31 December?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ferencváros vs Barcelona: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: What Real Madrid need to qualify for last 16
- LIGA MX Jalisco governor confirms Chivas will host León behind closed doors
- Football Sundowns refuse Al-Ahly's offer for Sirino
- Ramos Sergio Ramos offers Conor McGregor a fight