Delphine Verheyden: the woman to sort Kylian Mbappé's future
The French forward reportedly brought in the lawyer to work on the process of getting him his dream move to Real Madrid.
The future of Kylian Mbappé remains uncertain. The forward has not yet made a commitment over whether he will continue with Paris Saint-Germain next season, and rumours about a possible switch to long-time admirers Real Madrid grow by the week. One person who has not been receiving too much attention, Delphine Verheyden, may have a big part to play in what does transpire.
Mbappé and the lawyer
Verheyden is a prestigious lawyer who was brought into the footballer's entourage a few months ago. Reports in France have suggested that the hiring of the lawyer is a clear step to making the big move to the Spanish capital a reality, with Verheyden being given the task by Mbappé to force through the transfer, although there has been little on this story in recent weeks. We recall the words of the lawyer from just a few months ago when she stated that if he had been playing with Real Madrid, he would have won the Ballon d'Or.
The next few months look as though they could be decisive in determining the future of the forward, with some very confident he'll be saying goodbye to Paris. He has said that he is 100% with PSG for the moment and that it would be dangerous to say too much just now, instead focusing his efforts on the pitch to winning the Champions League, but behind the scenes it is believed that the wheels are in motion to firming up the position. Verheyden is key to both a potential contract renewal for the Ligue 1 champions, or that 'dream' move to Los Blancos.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus payment debit card: Do I have to activate the EIP card before I can use it?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Donald Trump is caught playing golf Amid Covid-19 outbreak
- LALIGA Tebas: "We hope Liga will return on 11 June with Sevilla-Betis"
- FOOTBALL Van Persie reveals Van Gaal gave him a slap at 2014 World Cup