Gareth Bale: Tottenham ask Real Madrid about Welshman
According to El Chiringuito, a meeting took place in Madrid between Daniel Levy and Florentino Pérez, with a certain player on the list of discussion topics.
Real Madrid president Florentino Pérez and his counterpart at Tottenham Hotspur, Daniel Levy, met up in the Spanish capital with one name on their minds: Gareth Bale. This is the story that broke on Tuesday on national football show El Chiringuito.
Bale's return to Spurs talk
According to journalist Juan Sanz on the show, Levy specifically asked Pérez about the Welshman with an interest in bringing him back to the Premier League. He was apparently keen to understand the situation that has the player struggling for a clear place in the first XI under manager Zinedine Zidane, most recently highlighted when he was not called up for the squad to play in Seville. He had been given the medical green light after recovering from injury.
The report was unable to clarify if the renewed interest was for a potential move this January or with eyes more focused on the summer transfer window but with José Mourinho now in the dugout at Spurs the talk is not a surprise. He was keen on taking him to Old Trafford when at Manchester United.
There is a relaxed relationship between the two presidents, hence them meeting up, and there were some other Madrid club directors also in attendance.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Second Stimulus Check: Senate returns to discuss approval of the second stimulus payment amid protest
- George Floyd Protests As riots increase in New York curfew hours have changed
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- George Floyd George Floyd: George W. Bush speaks out on racism and protests in US
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Is there a deadline to approve a second payment?