LA Galaxy confirm Javier Chicharito Hernández signing
The five time MLS champions announce the signing of Mexican forward Chicharito, who joins as Zlatan Ibrahimovic's replacement.
It's finally oficial, LA Galaxy have confirmed the signing of Javier 'Chicharito' Hernández who has been brought in to fill the vacancy left by Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Chicharito will partner Jonathan Dos Santos in the Galaxy attack and finds himself in the same city as Carlos Vela, two players he knows well from their time together in the Mexico national team.
LA Galaxy announced the signing of the 31-year-old by posting a video on Twitter and Instagram. While there has been no official word on the transfer fee paid to Sevilla, it is believed that a fee of around 9 million euros changed hands in the deal. It is also rumoured that Chicharito will become the highest paid player in Major League Soccer this year.
The Mexican striker ends a 10-year spell in Europe after leaving Chivas to sign with Manchester United in 2010. He enjoyed a successful stint at Real Madrid and build up experience in the Premier League with West Ham and in the Bundesliga with Bayer Leverkusen. He scored a total of 127 goals over the decade he spent in Europe.
It's the third move in 12 months for Chicharito, who left West Ham to join Sevilla last summer and joins LA Galaxy after just over four months in Spain.
Te recomendamos en English
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The new Super League is born: all the details of the announcement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: 20 teams, two leagues of 10, knockout stages – the controversial competition's format
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: reaction, participating clubs, UEFA statement... | Latest news
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Jose Mourinho sacked by Tottenham Hotspur
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?