Aubameyang to face Salah in World Cup qualifying
Gabon's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Egypt's Mohamed Salah will come face-to-face in the Qatar World Cup qualifiers in Africa's second round.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Mohamed Salah will be on opposing sides in the second round of qualifying for 2022 World Cup Qatar, after Gabon and Egypt were drawn in the same group. Salah's Egypt and Aubameyang's Gabon are joined by Libya and Angola in Group F in the second phase of African qualifying for the 2022 finals in Qatar.
Group D pits Cameroon and Ivory Coast together along with Mozambique and Malawi, while Nigeria will face Cape Verde Islands, Central African Republic and Liberia in Group C.
Africa Cup of Nations holders Algeria will meet Burkina Faso, Niger and Djibouti in Group A, while 2019's beaten finalists Senegal were drawn with Congo, Namibia and Togo in Group H. Group G sees Ghana and South Africa pitted against Zimbabwe and Ethiopia.
The group phase runs from March 2020 until October next year, with the 10 group winners drawn into five two-legged knockout ties to be played next November.
Groups in full:
Group A: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Niger, Djibouti
Group B: Tunisia, Zambia, Mauritania, Equatorial Guinea
Group C: Nigeria, Cape Verde Islands, Central African Republic, Liberia
Group D: Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Mozambique, Malawi
Group E: Mali, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda
Group F: Egypt, Gabon, Libya, Angola
Group G: Ghana, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia
Group H: Senegal, Congo, Namibia, Togo
Group I: Morocco, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Sudan
Group J: Congo DR, Benin, Madagascar, Tanzania.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea and Manchester City ask UEFA to move Champions League final to Wembley
- ROMA VS MAN UTD Roma vs Manchester United live online: Europa League semi-final second leg
- MAYWEATHER VS LOGAN PAUL What are the covid-19 restrictions for the Mayweather vs Logan Paul fight?
- CORONAVIRUS US What percentage of vaccination is needed for herd immunity?
- WORLD NEWS Chinese rocket launch failure: what happened and what are the consequences?