Willian José to travel to London with Spurs transfer close
AS understand that the striker has been chosen by Jose Mourinho to replace Harry Kane and a move to the Premier League is close.
Willian José is the man who Jose Mourinho has selected to replace the injured Harry Kane. The club captain is out until April and Spurs will enter the transfer market to sign his substitute. AS can report that everything is in place for the striker to sign with Spurs and will travel to London on Wednesday evening or early Thursday morning.
The Brazilian striker renewed with Real Sociedad until 2024 in October 2018 with a €70 million release clause. In the eventuality of a deal being struck between the clubs, the clause will not be paid.
Willian Jose has been one of the key players under Imanol Alguacil during Real Sociedad's good start to the season. He is the team's top scorer with eight in 21 games. If the deal does get done, Real Sociedad will lose one of their most important players and could enter the market to find a replacement for him before it closes.
The 28-year-old played with Zaragoza and Las Palmas after arriving in Spain to play with Real Madrid Castilla. After arriving in Spain in 2014, he is now set to take up his biggest challenge of his career as he heads to the Premier League.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Catalan sports press elated at Madrid UCL defeat to Man City
- MLS Roger Martinez looking to pocket more than Carlos Vela
- Real Madrid Vinicius: "Referees are out to get us when they come here"
- MLS Five facts about Inter Miami ahead of their debut in MLS
- MLS Beckham wants Inter Miami to have the same success as LAFC and Atlanta United
- MLS David Beckham is not worried about Inter Miami missing a DP