Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
Bayern Munich have seen 18-year-old midfielder Johansson leave for Sevilla, with whom he has signed on until 2026.
Sevilla have completed the signing of highly rated youngster Ryan Johansson from Bayern Munich.
Johansson joins LaLiga club on long-term contract
Johansson, 18, has signed a six-and-a-half-year contract with the Spanish side and is expected to feature for their second team – Sevilla Atlético – and the senior side before the end of the season.
A technically gifted midfielder comfortable in the middle and on the right flank, Johansson had been at Bayern since 2017 and was on the fringes of the first-team squad, having been involved in each of their past two pre-season camps.
But with the path to first-team football at Bayern blocked by a significant amount of talent, Johansson opted to make the move to LaLiga.
Sevilla "the perfect club for me", says Johansson
"It is a dream come true. I think Sevilla is the perfect club for me at this point in my career and I hope to play for the first team very soon," he said.
"It was a very easy decision for me to come here, where I can improve and help the team in the future. I think I can progress at first with the reserves and adapt myself to the club so I can make the first team, hopefully very soon."
Johansson has represented Luxembourg at youth level, although he is said to be attempting to switch his allegiance to play for the Republic of Ireland, the nation of his England-born mother's parents.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Real Madrid vs Manchester City: how and where to watch – times, TV, online
- Champions League Vidal sent off against Napoli
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Bayern with one foot in the quarter final
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Piqué limps out of Napoli tie with Clásico in doubt
- Tennis Who is Chicharito? Alexander Zverev stumped in Mexico
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Sterling fit for Man City-Real Madrid as Guardiola regrets Hazard loss