Madrid loanee Ceballos wants out of Arsenal
Currently out of favour at Arsenal, the Real Madrid loanee is keen to make the Spain squad for Euro 2020 and wants to join a club that can guaranteee him minutes.
Real Madrid loanee Dani Ceballos has handed in a transfer request to leave Arsenal, according to a report by Spanish radio programme, Carrusel Deportivo.
Ceballos’ last game for the Gunners came in early November against Vitoria SC in the Europa League. After missing the nine proceeding Premier League games due to a muscle tear injury, the Andalusian midfielder has still not played for new coach Mikel Arteta since his return to availability at the turn of the New Year.
Real Madrid could cut Ceballos' Arsenal time short
The situation has reportedly prompted the 23-year-old Spaniard to communicate to Arteta his desire to leave the club. Real Madrid has already been informed of the player’s wishes and is evaluating the possibility of ending the loan agreement early, as the club has already done so during the January market with Jesús Vallejo, Aindry Lunin and Jorge de Frutos.
Central defender Vallejo leaves Wolves to join Granada, while goalkeeper Lunin and winger De Frutos have both abandoned Valladolid and will see out the rest of the season at Oviedo and Rayo Vallecano, respectively.
Ceballos determined to make Euro 2020
Ceballos arrived at Arsenal last summer on a loan deal that would see him remain at the Emirates until the end of the season. His stint in England began with promise, during which he featured in all of the 11 opening Premier League games (starting even) for ex-Gunners coach Unai Emery. But so far he has been overlooked by Emery’s replacement Arteta since his return from injury.
If Ceballos’ transfer request is fulfilled, there will be several clubs interested in taking him on loan. The midfielder is determined to make Luis Enrique’s Spain squad for Euro 2020 and will want a club that can guarantee him minutes.
Te recomendamos en English
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY International Women's Day: meaning, origin and why it's celebrated today
- FOOTBALL Mourinho: Bale over psychological scars of past injuries
- IWD2021 What is the International Women’s Day 2021 theme?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 Giannis wasn't focused on perfect performance after MVP display inspires Team LeBron
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 LeBron 'in awe' of Antetokounmpo and Curry
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: who gets the payment, how much, who qualifies, IRS tax | Live