Aubameyang gives 'ok' to Barcelona
Arsenal's star striker has reportedly given his ok to Barcelona, who are on the hunt for a replacement for long-term injured centre forward, Luis Suarez.
Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has given Barcelona the green light to make the move to sign him, according to Catalan press.
Mundo Deportivo reports that while it will not be easy for Barcelona to convince the Gunners to let go off their star striker, Aubameyang himself is open to a move to Camp Nou.
Suarez injury prompts Barcelona’s search for number ‘9’
With Luis Suarez out for virtually the rest of the season following knee surgery earlier this month, Barcelona is scouring the January transfer market for a replacement centre forward. Suarez has participated in 25 goals (14 goals and 11 assists) this season, just one less than Messi, and his contribution will be sorely missed at Camp Nou as El Blaugrana enter the business end of the season and a likely drawn-out battle with Real Madrid for the LaLiga title.
As reported by AS on Monday, Barcelona’s new coach Quique Setién and sporting director Eric Abidal sat down after the club’s sombre 1-0 home win against Granada at the weekend to discuss the number ‘9’ situation. And in this meeting, it was likely the name of Aubameyang came up.
The 30-year-old forward, whose current deal with Arsenal expires in June, 2021, has scored 16 goals in 26 appearances so far this season and has a current value of 70 million euros (transfermarkt.com valuation).
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus South Africa to allocate last $2.6 billion of coronavirus stimulus
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: $40,000 could be new income limit
- NEYMAR CASE FC Barcelona: CAS dismisses appeal over Neymar move
- WORLD CUP 2022 World Cup stadium, Lusail, shines bright in the middle of the desert
- 2022 WORLD CUP Qatar announces candidacy to host 2027 Asian Cup
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo looking to achieve goal-scoring holy grail