João Félix tries to find shooting boots in Copa del Rey
Diego Simeone will not rest João Félix for Atlético Madrid's trip to play Cultural Leonesa in the Copa del Rey as he tries to find the player's best form.
João Félix was taken off against Eibar, as has become habitual, in the second half. It has become one of the talking points during the young star's early career as a rojiblanco. Atlético Madrid were chasing the game and needed a goal but the Portuguese was sacrificed nevertheless. Diego Simeone has said he wants to toughen Felix up but still doesn't seem to trust him to break through the fatigue barrier and offer something late in games. After six months at the school of Cholo, results were expected in 2020 but that hasn't been the case.
Against Cultural Leonesa, he has another chance to find his shooting boots with just four goals since joining Simeone's side. Two of them came in LaLiga and two in the Champions League and he won't be rested on Thursday night as Cholo tries to get him back to his best.
The game won't be easy and Cultural won't let Atlético settle. The game comes at a good time for Felix, who is trying to regain his top form after missing a long spell with an anke injury. Since his return, he has played eleven games. He has only finished two of them.
During this spell after his injury, he has only scored one goal, with it coming against Lokomotiv Moscow in the Champions League. The Copa del Rey is a very realistic objective for Atlético and so their record signing will play again on Thursday night.
Te recomendamos en English
- DONALD TRUMP Trump lands in Florida: what will he do next?
- Olympic Games Japan accepts Olympic Games will be cancelled
- CORNELLÀ 0-2 BARCELONA Koeman: "No Barça player should miss two penalties in the same match"
- US NEWS Amazon offer to help Biden administration with Covid-19 vaccine distribution
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find him and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates: Biden plan, when could it arrive