PSG's Marquinhos doubt for UCL Dortmund clash
After scoring Paris Saint-Germain's opener against Reims, Marquinhos suffered an injury that is set to sideline him for three weeks.
Paris Saint-Germain defender Marquinhos will be out for close to a month after injuring his hamstring in the Coupe de la Ligue win over Reims.
Marquinhos out for PSG
The Brazilian scored the opener in PSG's routine 3-0 semi-final victory on Wednesday but was forced from the pitch with around 20 minutes remaining.
He looks set to miss Ligue 1 games against Lille, Montpellier, Nantes and Lyon, plus next week's Coupe de France date with third-tier Pau.
In a statement, PSG announced: "Marquinhos suffered a hamstring injury on Wednesday at the Stade Auguste Delaune, and examinations confirmed a lesion of the biceps femoris.
"He is expected to be unavailable for three weeks."
PSG will hope to have the 25-year-old fully fit for the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie against Borussia Dortmund on February 18, a game in which Erling Haaland may be involved for the Germans.
Te recomendamos en English
- Varane takes blame for defeat to Manchester City
- I am the coach of Real Madrid, that's it – Zidane dismisses doubts over his future
- Champions League Lyon knock Cristiano Ronaldo out of Champions League again
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: How much money could you get?
- Coronavirus India: Lockdown in Kohima to be lifted tomorrow
- Social Media What is Instagram Reels, the new TikTok competitor