Simeone confident Atlético will bounce back after Copa shock
Atlético Madrid suffered a shock defeat to Cultural Leonesa on Thursday, but Diego Simeone says they will turn the corner.
Diego Simeone insists his desire cannot be doubted despite Atlético Madrid's dismal early Copa del Rey exit and is confident the team will soon return to form.
Atléti were the victims of a major upset on Thursday, crashing out to third-tier Cultural Leonesa 2-1 in the last 32.
Simeone's side have now lost their past three matches in all competitions, with just six wins in 17 in LaLiga games since early September.
But the coach says he will continue to knuckle down, just as he battled on after a pair of Champions League final defeats to rivals Real Madrid, and backed his side to turn the corner.
Simeone: Results will come soon for Atlético
"I have the desire to work like every day since I arrived," he told reporters.
"The penalties or the extra time in the Champions League didn't change me, nor will going out in this round.
"I have an important squad and results will come soon."
He added: "You are in the position to have an opinion on what you feel and we don't have the choice but to work, me and my players," he said.
"We couldn't be clinical in front of goal - that's football - and when you can't score, everything is more difficult."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check today: when to expect, Biden relief plan and IRS payment | Live updates
- NBA Kobe Bryant death anniversary: what tributes and memories have been shared?
- NBA Kobe Bryant death anniversary: what's known about the helicopter crash?
- REAL MADRID Sales and loan deals see Madrid generate €102M for Mbappé
- FOOTBALL 'Daniel Agger' arrested in Moscow protests
- SERIE A Ibrahimovic close to goals milestone ahead of Milan derby