Arda Turan links spark internal row at Galatasaray
Turan is a Barcelona player in theory but he won't be going back to the Camp Nou as Galatasaray torn over whether to try and sign the player.
Basaksehir cancelled Arda Turan's loan deal recently. The Turkish player is now a Barcelona player again in theory but they have no intention of calling on him. It seems, however, that he might be plying his trade in Turkey once again with Galatasaray linked.
Turan move from Galatasaray to Atlético Madrid nine years ago where he rose to prominence under Diego Simeone as a creative, attacking midfielder. Not everyone agrees with the deal at the club though. Manager, Fatih Terim, wants him in his squad and has said so publicly: "I think the club has to put their arms around him because he is from Galatasaray and he deserves a second chance. Galatasaray never abandons its sons."
The president, however, has a different view. Mustafa Cengiz says nothing has spoken and said "Arda is not on our agenda" and says that his signing would not help the club. They currently sit sixth in the Süper Lig and Turan himself would like to retire at his former club.
This internal war also includes the fans, who have written a letter saying they would support the former player if he was to re-join the club. In any case, the club would proceed with caution, however, and look to not pay Barcelona a euro for the deal with a salary dependent on the games he played.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS $300 weekly unemployment benefits: situation in states across the US
- US ELECTIONS 2020 US Election 2020: how many people have voted so far vs 2016
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barrett confirmed to Supreme Court, cases, deaths, updates today
- Champions League Borussia Monchengladbach - Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- B. MÖNCHENGLADBACH-REAL MADRID Zidane on Isco's complaints: "He wants to play"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Olympique Marseille vs Manchester City: how and where to watch - times, TV, online