Willian José: "Record it, record it...so you can tell your lies!"
Willian José, Real Sociedad's striker, linked with a move to Spurs was not happy with the press at training on Friday ahead of a potential Premier League move.
Willian José is nervous. He showed it in his gestures and behaviour. The Brazilian knows this is a pivotal moment in his career and he has been reprimanded by the club for his behaviour. Willian José refused to be in Real Sociedad's squad for the Espanyol game in the Copa, which could force Real Sociedad to negotiate his transfer to Spurs with a weakened hand. It's a turning point in his relationship with the club.
There is no way back and his exit will come sooner or later. And this is what the Brazilian wants, it's what he has let the club know that through his advisors. The 28-year-old's nerves were evident in how he treated the press on Friday too. "Record, record it so that you can tell your lies," he said to the before the training sessions started.
The first 15 minutes of the session were open to the press and there were various cameras there to record the session. He was linked with a move to Tottenhem Hotspur during the week but there was not more or less photographers and videographers there than normal. He didn't like their presence though.
Willian José call the press "liars"
Alguacil's assistant, Mikel Labaka, came out and greeted those waiting. Willian José arrived with a group of players and a frown on his face, gesturing with his hand and telling them to record the footage to they could spread their lies. Once training started, the Brazilian could be heard shouting: "Liars!"
With his departure looking more likely, he didn't like that the press reported on his links with Tottenham. There is still no agreement for his exit and he is aware that his actions might have a negative consequence on the outcome of a potential deal. He trained as normal with his teammates but some of them were clearly annoyed with his attitude. The manager has not ruled Willian José out of the Mallorca game but it is highly unlikely that he features.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?