Barcelona sign Brazilian right-back Yan Couto
According to Globoesporte, Barcelona have paid Coritiba five million euros for the full-back. He will join Barça in June after he has turned 18.
Barcelona have signed promising Brazilian right-back Yan Couto from Coritiba, Globoesporte reports. The promising 17-year-old defender will complete the move after he turns 18 in. Barça wrapped up the operation for a 5 million euro fee plus add-ons and in the process, strengthen a position that neither Nélson Semedo nor Sergi Roberto have managed to hold down.
Barcelona have beaten clubs including Bayer Leverkusen and Arsenal to Yan Couto's signature. In October, the young full-back was included in a list of 60 of the world's most promising players compiled by The Guardian.
Yan Couto was part of the Brazil Under-17 side that was crowned world champions after beating Mexico 1-2 on home soil in November. Couto was one of the verdeamarelha's star performers at the tournament, playing in all but two of the team's games (he missed the final group game against Angola and the Last 16 tie against Chile through suspension). He returned for the quarter final against Italy and played a vital role in epic comeback in the semi-final against France as well as in the final against Mexico, supplying a pinpioint ball in for Lázaro Vinicius to volley in a stoppage-time winner. As a side note, the author of that goal Lázaro declared his admiration for Real Madrid in a recent interview with AS.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Florida coronavirus lockdown: how long is it & what are the restrictions?
- FOOTBALL Ibrahimovic unsure about future - I don't even know what I want
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: US unemployment rate, jobless claims by state
- Coronavirus Famous athletes, artists and celebrities with coronavirus: Boris Johnson, Kevin Durant, Dybala...
- PSG PSG: Boca Juniors president rules out Cavani move
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid concern for Achraf as Europe's top clubs circle