Barcelona sign Brazilian right-back Yan Couto
According to Globoesporte, Barcelona have paid Coritiba five million euros for the full-back. He will join Barça in June after he has turned 18.
Barcelona have signed promising Brazilian right-back Yan Couto from Coritiba, Globoesporte reports. The promising 17-year-old defender will complete the move after he turns 18 in. Barça wrapped up the operation for a 5 million euro fee plus add-ons and in the process, strengthen a position that neither Nélson Semedo nor Sergi Roberto have managed to hold down.
Barcelona have beaten clubs including Bayer Leverkusen and Arsenal to Yan Couto's signature. In October, the young full-back was included in a list of 60 of the world's most promising players compiled by The Guardian.
Yan Couto was part of the Brazil Under-17 side that was crowned world champions after beating Mexico 1-2 on home soil in November. Couto was one of the verdeamarelha's star performers at the tournament, playing in all but two of the team's games (he missed the final group game against Angola and the Last 16 tie against Chile through suspension). He returned for the quarter final against Italy and played a vital role in epic comeback in the semi-final against France as well as in the final against Mexico, supplying a pinpioint ball in for Lázaro Vinicius to volley in a stoppage-time winner. As a side note, the author of that goal Lázaro declared his admiration for Real Madrid in a recent interview with AS.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Catalan sports press elated at Madrid UCL defeat to Man City
- MLS Roger Martinez looking to pocket more than Carlos Vela
- Real Madrid Vinicius: "Referees are out to get us when they come here"
- MLS Five facts about Inter Miami ahead of their debut in MLS
- MLS Beckham wants Inter Miami to have the same success as LAFC and Atlanta United
- MLS David Beckham is not worried about Inter Miami missing a DP