Barcelona sign Brazilian right-back Yan Couto
According to Globoesporte, Barcelona have paid Coritiba five million euros for the full-back. He will join Barça in June after he has turned 18.
Barcelona have signed promising Brazilian right-back Yan Couto from Coritiba, Globoesporte reports. The promising 17-year-old defender will complete the move after he turns 18 in. Barça wrapped up the operation for a 5 million euro fee plus add-ons and in the process, strengthen a position that neither Nélson Semedo nor Sergi Roberto have managed to hold down.
Barcelona have beaten clubs including Bayer Leverkusen and Arsenal to Yan Couto's signature. In October, the young full-back was included in a list of 60 of the world's most promising players compiled by The Guardian.
Yan Couto was part of the Brazil Under-17 side that was crowned world champions after beating Mexico 1-2 on home soil in November. Couto was one of the verdeamarelha's star performers at the tournament, playing in all but two of the team's games (he missed the final group game against Angola and the Last 16 tie against Chile through suspension). He returned for the quarter final against Italy and played a vital role in epic comeback in the semi-final against France as well as in the final against Mexico, supplying a pinpioint ball in for Lázaro Vinicius to volley in a stoppage-time winner. As a side note, the author of that goal Lázaro declared his admiration for Real Madrid in a recent interview with AS.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Real Madrid vs Manchester City: how and where to watch – times, TV, online
- Champions League Vidal sent off against Napoli
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Bayern with one foot in the quarter final
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Piqué limps out of Napoli tie with Clásico in doubt
- Tennis Who is Chicharito? Alexander Zverev stumped in Mexico
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Sterling fit for Man City-Real Madrid as Guardiola regrets Hazard loss