Liverpool's Sadio Mané facing three weeks on the sidelines
Liverpool's Senegalese forward underwent an MRI scan this morning to determine the extent of the injury he picked up against Wolves on Thursday.
Liverpool have yet to put out a medical update on Sadio Mané, who hobbled out of Thursday's league game against Wolverhampton Wanderers with an apparent hamstring injury. Manager Jürgen Klopp was asked about Mané's situation after the game, and told reporters, "I don't know exactly. It's his muscle. He felt something, his hamstring. We don't know yet. Obviously we have to wait, we'll see..."
Mané set to return for Atlético date at the Metropolitano
Mané was having a resonnance scan while Klopp attended the media on Friday and according to reports in the UK media, the player will be out for the next three weeks with what appears to be a microtear. Mané will miss tomorrow's FA Cup tie against Shrewsbury Town plus Liverpool's Premier League fictures against West Ham, Southampton and Norwich but should be available for the first leg of the Champions League Last 16 tie against Atlético Madrid on 18 February.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is ivermectin and how does it work?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: UK lockdown could end "in weeks" says government advisor
- Coronavirus Coronavirus UK: Police chief calls for public to play their part this weekend
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?