Inter Milan hopeful of finalising Eriksen deal over the next few days
Tottenham's Christian Eriksen hopes to complete his move to Inter Milan and the Italian club's CEO Giuseppe Marotta is confident the deal will go through this week.
Inter Milan CEO Giuseppe Marotta is hopeful that the Italian club will reach a deal for Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen before the winter transfer window closes. Earlier this week, Inter confirmed that an offer has been placed for the Denmark international, who is into the final six months of his contract.
Eriksen sits out Southampton tie
Eriksen travelled with Spurs but was left out of their squad for Saturday's FA Cup Fourth Round tie against Southampton, which finished 1-1 and will be decided in a replay. With the deadline for transfer business set at midnight on Friday, Tottenham manager José Mourinho admitted that he is not happy at all that the saga has dragged on for so long, potentially leaving him with no time to find a suitable replacement.
Marotta remains confident that an agreement can be reached by the middle of next week, with reports suggesting a medical has been scheduled for Monday. "We won't hide. We have been negotiating with Tottenham for some time," he told DAZN ahead of Sunday's Serie A clash with Cagliari. "I am optimistic and hope that it can be concluded as quickly as possible. I am confident that it can be resolved in the next few days."
Vecino linked with Goodison move
Eriksen's imminent arrival could mean a player leaving, with Matias Vecino being linked to Everton in recent days. Asked if there will be any outgoing activity for Inter, Marotta said: "A good player is arriving, then the dynamic of the window will be evaluated. We will reach a decision in-house."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: what’s in the GOP bill to be voted on this week?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check What have Biden and Trump said about second stimulus check?
- Premier League Man Utd and Liverpool in European Premier League talks - report
- Inter Milan Conte: Inter better prepared to contend in Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ramos ruled out of Real Madrid's Champions League opener