Ex-Man Utd captain Ashley Young provides lovely assist in Inter debut
Having just made the switch from Manchester United, Young provided the cross that enabled Lautaro Martinez to open the scoring for Inter against Cagliari.
Ashley Young’s career at Inter Milan has got off to a flying start as the English defender provided a beautiful assist in the 1-1 draw against Cagliari on Sunday.
In the 29th minute, the former Man United captain played a pin-perfect cross from the right towards Inter forward Lautaro Martinez, who headed home to give the hosts the lead.
The 34-year-old landed in Italy just nine days ago after completing a £1.5million move from Manchester United.
Inter boss Antonio Conte chose to put Young into his starting XI, deploying the Englishman as a wing-back in a 5-3-2 system which gave him plenty of opportunities to get forward.
Ashley Young assists for Man Utd in 12 PL games this season: 0— Football Factly (@FootballFactly) January 26, 2020
Ashley Young assists in less than half an hour for Inter Milan: 1 pic.twitter.com/ZaNxeHsuOb
Young follows Lukaku to Inter
Young’s move to Inter follows that of former Manchester United team mate Romelu Lukaku, whose career has been reignited in Italy after his underwhelming time at Old Trafford.
Belgian international Lukaku has so far scored 18 goals and provided four assists in 27 games for the Serie A side since making the €65 million switch last summer.
Following the draw against Cagliari, Inter sit three points behind leaders Juventus, who play third-placed Napoli at home on Sunday night.
Te recomendamos en English
- European championship Zlatan Ibrahimovic back in Sweden team for World Cup qualifiers
- NBA Jazz stars Mitchell and Gobert fined by NBA after outbursts
- REAL MADRID | BENZEMA Benzema: "My life has changed..."
- NFL Eagles' Jason Kelce holds off retirement to return for 2021 season
- NBA All-Star Game Jazz's Conley earns NBA All-Star selection to replace Booker
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, Senate votation, status and IRS tax