KOBE BRYANT 1978-2020
Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
On Sunday 26 January 2020 it was confirmed that the world famous NBA star had been killed in a crash, along with his daughter and seven others.
Kobe Bryant has been killed in a helicopter crash on Sunday. There were nine people on board at the time of the accident and it has been confirmed that there were no survivors.
Kobe Bryant dies
Based on initial reports from TMZ Sports, the accident happened in Calabasas on Sunday morning. The former NBA superstar was travelling with eight others, including his 13-year-old daughter Gianna, in his private helicopter when a fire is believed to have started.
Vanessa Bryant, the player's wife, was not on board the helicopter.
Bryant played across 20 seasons for Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA picking up five championship rings during that time. His wife and he had four children, Natalia, Gianna, Bianka, and Capri. Gianna was on board with her father en route to a game she was playing in at the star's academy on the outskirts of the city.
The world of sports and the NBA are in shock. Kobe Bryant was considered one of the greatest basketball players in the history of the sport and one of the most charismatic stars ever. In addition, his friendship with Pau Gasol, with whom he won two championships at the Lakers (2009 and 2010), made him someone that fans in Spain truly warmed to.
Tributes have been pouring in from the world of sport, politics and entertainment as the shock of the accident starts to sink in.
This year he was going to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane