Non-league player issued three cards in one passage of play
Garforth Town's Alex Low was awarded two yellow cards and then a red in the space of 12 seconds during a Northern Counties East Football League match on Saturday.
A non-league footballer suffered the ignominy of being shown three cards at once by the referee as he was sent off for committing two rash fouls within 12 seconds in the same passage of play.
The referee played the advantage as Bridlington players charged forward, only for Low to make another poorly-timed lunge -- this time well inside his own half.
After the referee blew his whistle for a free kick, he brandished two yellow cards at Low before adding a red.
Here's something you don't see every day...— Garforth Town AFC (@TheGarforthTown) January 26, 2020
The ref gives Garforths' Alex Low three cards at once 😲🙋♂️ pic.twitter.com/A6a9itEc0O
For his part, Low had no complaints as he jogged off the pitch.
The video attracted thousands of viewers after Garforth secured a 1-1 draw at the weekend, with former Premier League official Bobby Madley praising the referee for the way he dealt with the situation.
Te recomendamos en English
- AFFORDABLE CARE ACT Supreme Court votes to uphold the Affordable Care Act: how does this affect me?
- AMERICAN FAMILY PLAN What is a "death tax" and what's Biden proposal?
- NBA Bucks vs Nets Game 7 live online score: NBA Playoff stats, highlights, updates...
- FATHER'S DAY 2021 Why is Father’s Day celebrated in June?
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020: Spain's options of making the Last 16
- USMNT Barcelona: agreement with Olympique Marseille for Konrad de la Fuente