Non-league player issued three cards in one passage of play
Garforth Town's Alex Low was awarded two yellow cards and then a red in the space of 12 seconds during a Northern Counties East Football League match on Saturday.
A non-league footballer suffered the ignominy of being shown three cards at once by the referee as he was sent off for committing two rash fouls within 12 seconds in the same passage of play.
The referee played the advantage as Bridlington players charged forward, only for Low to make another poorly-timed lunge -- this time well inside his own half.
After the referee blew his whistle for a free kick, he brandished two yellow cards at Low before adding a red.
Here's something you don't see every day...— Garforth Town AFC (@TheGarforthTown) January 26, 2020
The ref gives Garforths' Alex Low three cards at once 😲🙋♂️ pic.twitter.com/A6a9itEc0O
For his part, Low had no complaints as he jogged off the pitch.
The video attracted thousands of viewers after Garforth secured a 1-1 draw at the weekend, with former Premier League official Bobby Madley praising the referee for the way he dealt with the situation.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 01 April
- MLS Coronavirus: Robbie Russell goes from winning MLS Cup to fighting Covid-19
- Liga MX Miguel Herrera “Everyone wants Renato Ibarra to stay in Club América”
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Everything you need to know about Covid-19 testing
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total UK cases and deaths, real-time map, 31 March
- FOOTBALL Coronavirus: UEFA's plan for Europe, leagues and international football