Non-league player issued three cards in one passage of play
Garforth Town's Alex Low was awarded two yellow cards and then a red in the space of 12 seconds during a Northern Counties East Football League match on Saturday.
A non-league footballer suffered the ignominy of being shown three cards at once by the referee as he was sent off for committing two rash fouls within 12 seconds in the same passage of play.
The referee played the advantage as Bridlington players charged forward, only for Low to make another poorly-timed lunge -- this time well inside his own half.
After the referee blew his whistle for a free kick, he brandished two yellow cards at Low before adding a red.
Here's something you don't see every day...— Garforth Town AFC (@TheGarforthTown) January 26, 2020
The ref gives Garforths' Alex Low three cards at once 😲🙋♂️ pic.twitter.com/A6a9itEc0O
For his part, Low had no complaints as he jogged off the pitch.
The video attracted thousands of viewers after Garforth secured a 1-1 draw at the weekend, with former Premier League official Bobby Madley praising the referee for the way he dealt with the situation.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Ajax reach initial agreement for Sergiño Dest: 20 million plus 5 in add-ons
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?