Valencia president in Barcelona negotiating Rodrigo sale
Anil Murthy is in the Catalan capital talking to FC Barcelona directors as the hotly rumoured sale of the Valencia striker gathers momentum.
Valencia president Anil Murthy was in the Catalan capital this morning for a meeting with FC Barcelona bosses according to radio station Ser Deportivos Valencia. The motive of the meeting is widely speculated to relate to the possible move of Valencia forward Rodrigo Moreno to the Camp Nou side.
Last summer Valencia closed a "verbal deal" with Atlético Madrid with 60 million euro the agreed sum to seal the signature of the Spanish international and now Barcelona are studying various scenarios including loan deals with a later purchase option, which would ultimately see the striker wearing the claret and navy shirt.
As talks are ongoing, Rodrigo continues to train with the Valencia first team squad as they prepare for the mid-week Copa del Rey clash with 2B surprise package Cultural Leonesa. The player's agent Jorge Mendes is doing his utmost in assuring both sides aim to reach a satisfactory conclusion as the closure of the transfer window (Friday, January 31) looms closer.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Tokyo Olympics cancellation remains an option, says top Japanese politician
- NBA Dallas' Doncic on game-winning three-pointer: "Those are the best feelings ever"
- US NEWS A new proposal to revamp unemployment systems and increase benefits announced
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin pleads the Fifth Amendment: what is it, and what are the defendant’s rights when they invoke it?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Veteran third stimulus check: when is it arriving & how much?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: why could it be unlikely?