Valencia president in Barcelona negotiating Rodrigo sale
Anil Murthy is in the Catalan capital talking to FC Barcelona directors as the hotly rumoured sale of the Valencia striker gathers momentum.
Valencia president Anil Murthy was in the Catalan capital this morning for a meeting with FC Barcelona bosses according to radio station Ser Deportivos Valencia. The motive of the meeting is widely speculated to relate to the possible move of Valencia forward Rodrigo Moreno to the Camp Nou side.
Last summer Valencia closed a "verbal deal" with Atlético Madrid with 60 million euro the agreed sum to seal the signature of the Spanish international and now Barcelona are studying various scenarios including loan deals with a later purchase option, which would ultimately see the striker wearing the claret and navy shirt.
As talks are ongoing, Rodrigo continues to train with the Valencia first team squad as they prepare for the mid-week Copa del Rey clash with 2B surprise package Cultural Leonesa. The player's agent Jorge Mendes is doing his utmost in assuring both sides aim to reach a satisfactory conclusion as the closure of the transfer window (Friday, January 31) looms closer.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clasico Real Madrid - Barcelona: El Clasico latest news, updates
- El Clasico: How last five Barca bosses fared in their first Madrid clash
- El Clasico Setién out to continue record against Zidane's Real Madrid
- Transfer market Madrid and Barcelona on alert as Napoli name Koulibaly price
- The GOATs 'Cristiano Ronaldo better than Messi believers know nothing'
- Leeds United Kiko Casilla given 8 match ban for racial abuse of Jonathan Leko