Hertha Berlin sign Tousart, loan midfielder back to Lyon
Lucas Tousart will return to Lyon on loan after joining Hertha Berlin on Monday.
Hertha Berlin have completed a move for Lucas Tousart, with the midfielder immediately heading back to Lyon on loan.
The 22-year-old has joined the Bundesliga club for a reported €24million for what a Hertha statement described as "the long term".
"I can identify very well with the ambitions of Hertha BSC," said Tousart, who will continue with Lyon for the remainder of the season.
"Something very exciting is happening in Berlin and I want to be part of it.
"At the same time, I am happy and grateful that I can finish my job in Lyon."
Tousart's Lyon career to date
Tousart has been a regular fixture in the Lyon first-team squad for the past four seasons, making over 100 appearances in all competitions.
Jurgen Klinsmann's Hertha have already signed Argentina international midfielder Santiago Ascacibar from 2. Bundesliga club Stuttgart and are reportedly in the running to bring in Granit Xhaka from Arsenal.
Hertha sit 13th in the Bundesliga and host Schalke on Friday.
Tousart's next assignment with Lyon could be Thursday's Coupe de France trip to Nice.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Getafe: how and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Liverpool preview
- Bundesliga Rummenigge: Timing has never been right for Bayern to target Klopp
- CSL Delayed Chinese Super League season to kick off on July 25
- LALIGA Atlético boss Simeone speechless after Griezmann's brief Barça cameo
- Ligue 1 Rennes won't accept €80m from Madrid for Camavinga – Maurice