Hertha Berlin sign Tousart, loan midfielder back to Lyon
Lucas Tousart will return to Lyon on loan after joining Hertha Berlin on Monday.
Hertha Berlin have completed a move for Lucas Tousart, with the midfielder immediately heading back to Lyon on loan.
The 22-year-old has joined the Bundesliga club for a reported €24million for what a Hertha statement described as "the long term".
"I can identify very well with the ambitions of Hertha BSC," said Tousart, who will continue with Lyon for the remainder of the season.
"Something very exciting is happening in Berlin and I want to be part of it.
"At the same time, I am happy and grateful that I can finish my job in Lyon."
Tousart's Lyon career to date
Tousart has been a regular fixture in the Lyon first-team squad for the past four seasons, making over 100 appearances in all competitions.
Jurgen Klinsmann's Hertha have already signed Argentina international midfielder Santiago Ascacibar from 2. Bundesliga club Stuttgart and are reportedly in the running to bring in Granit Xhaka from Arsenal.
Hertha sit 13th in the Bundesliga and host Schalke on Friday.
Tousart's next assignment with Lyon could be Thursday's Coupe de France trip to Nice.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Manchester United would rather sign Diogo Jota than Raul Jimenez
- NAPOLI- BARCELONA Setién: "Barcelona do not talk much about Anfield or Rome"
- Vanessa Bryant submits wrongful death lawsuit against helicopter company
- Champions League Napoli “There is no space for Hirving Lozano here”
- Thiago Silva, Herrera to miss second leg of Borussia Dortmund tie
- Liga MX Roberto Alvarado denies spitting on Enner Valencia