Kobe Bryant: Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi hail "a true legend"
After Lionel Messi and Neymar paid their tributes, Cristiano Ronaldo paid his respects to Kobe Bryant following the basketball icon's tragic death on Sunday.
Cristiano Ronaldo described Kobe Bryant "a true legend" after the iconic Los Angeles Lakers shooting guard died in a helicopter crash on Sunday. Bryant, 41, along with his daughter Gianna, 13, perished along with seven others after the helicopter he was travelling in crashed near the Californian city of Calabasas in Los Angeles County.
World of sport pay tribute to Kobe Bryant
Figures from the world of sport paid their tributes to the former Lakers star – a five-time NBA champion. While Neymar dedicated one of his goals for Paris Saint-Germain against Lille to the basketball great and Lionel Messi also hailed Bryant, while Cristiano Ronaldo posted his condolences on Twitter.
So sad to hear the heartbreaking news of the deaths of Kobe and his daughter Gianna. Kobe was a true legend and inspiration to so many. Sending my condolences to his family and friends and the families of all who lost their lives in the crash. RIP Legend💔 pic.twitter.com/qKb3oiDHxH— Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) January 26, 2020
Kobe Bryant: a true legend
"So sad to hear the heartbreaking news of the deaths of Kobe and his daughter Gianna," Cristiano Ronaldo tweeted. "Kobe was a true legend and inspiration to so many. Sending my condolences to his family and friends and the families of all who lost their lives in the crash. RIP Legend."
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Real Madrid vs Manchester City: how and where to watch – times, TV, online
- Champions League Vidal sent off against Napoli
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Bayern with one foot in the quarter final
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Piqué limps out of Napoli tie with Clásico in doubt
- Tennis Who is Chicharito? Alexander Zverev stumped in Mexico
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Sterling fit for Man City-Real Madrid as Guardiola regrets Hazard loss