Kobe Bryant: Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi hail "a true legend"
After Lionel Messi and Neymar paid their tributes, Cristiano Ronaldo paid his respects to Kobe Bryant following the basketball icon's tragic death on Sunday.
Cristiano Ronaldo described Kobe Bryant "a true legend" after the iconic Los Angeles Lakers shooting guard died in a helicopter crash on Sunday. Bryant, 41, along with his daughter Gianna, 13, perished along with seven others after the helicopter he was travelling in crashed near the Californian city of Calabasas in Los Angeles County.
World of sport pay tribute to Kobe Bryant
Figures from the world of sport paid their tributes to the former Lakers star – a five-time NBA champion. While Neymar dedicated one of his goals for Paris Saint-Germain against Lille to the basketball great and Lionel Messi also hailed Bryant, while Cristiano Ronaldo posted his condolences on Twitter.
So sad to hear the heartbreaking news of the deaths of Kobe and his daughter Gianna. Kobe was a true legend and inspiration to so many. Sending my condolences to his family and friends and the families of all who lost their lives in the crash. RIP Legend💔 pic.twitter.com/qKb3oiDHxH— Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) January 26, 2020
Kobe Bryant: a true legend
"So sad to hear the heartbreaking news of the deaths of Kobe and his daughter Gianna," Cristiano Ronaldo tweeted. "Kobe was a true legend and inspiration to so many. Sending my condolences to his family and friends and the families of all who lost their lives in the crash. RIP Legend."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus If coronavirus can’t be contained in the US it is predicted to cause over 3,000 deaths in a single day
- Serie A Coronavirus: Serie A clubs unanimously in favour of up to one-third pay cut for players
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care in London
- Coronavirus CDC face masks: how to make, use and other instructions
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Can pets get infected with COVID-19?
- Football Radomir Antic, former Real Madrid, Atlético and Barcelona coach, dies aged 71