Real Madrid: Gareth Bale could return for Zaragoza Copa del Rey tie
Gareth Bale started this morning's session and trained normally. Asensio and Hazard are the only players ruled out through injury. Mariano was unable to train.
Real Madrid put the finishing touches to their preparation for tomorrow's Copa de Rey tie against Zaragoza with one final training session in Valdebebas this morning. As expected, Marco Asensio and Eden Hazard were not with the group but Gareth Bale did start the session and appeared to complete the workout without any problems. Mariano, worked with club physiotherapists and won't enter the squad list for the Zaragoza game.
Asensio eyeing April return
Asensio, who has been recovering from a ligament and meniscus injury since last summer's pre-season, has another five weeks of his rehabilitation programme to get through and is expected to return in April. As for Hazard, his return is closer but Zidane doesn't want to take any unnecessary risks with the Belgian forward - especially with the Champions League Last 16 tie against Manchester City looming. Hazard is back working with the ball and could return to full training next week.
Bale training as normal, Altube drafted in
Zidane's main doubt at the moment is Bale. He was taken off early in last week's Copa del Rey tie against Unionistas after twisting his ankle. Zidane was hoping Bale would be back training with the group on Monday, but he was unable to join his team mates. But he was back today and looked fine during the first 15 minutes of the session. Real Madrid Castilla goalkeeper Diego Altube also trained with the first team this morning.
Zidane must decide whether he thinks Bale will be fit to face Zaragoza. He will announce his squad list this afternoon and the Madrid squad will set off for Zaragoza at 11:00 hours tomorrow morning. The squad will be staying at Palafox Hotel during their stay in Aragón.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why has Trump taken executive action?
- Coronavirus Night curfew extended in East Khasi Hills until 17 August
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: who is Paul Vallone, the Democrat who says hydroxychloroquine saved his life?
- Coronavirus Trump executive orders: what will happen with student loan payments?
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Lebanese court investigating Beirut port explosion