Real Madrid: Zidane's Copa del Rey press conference - 10 quotes
Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane spoke to the media on the eve of Wednesday's Copa del Rey last-16 clash with Real Zaragoza.
"It's going to be a tough tie. They're opponents who are doing really well in Segunda and who want to go up; we're well aware of the quality of player that they've got.
Getting Copa del Rey monkey of his and the team's back:
"When I represent Real Madrid, I want to do well in every game. Tomorrow's a Copa del Rey game and we want to give our all, that's all there is to it."
Three Copa del Rey wins in 30 years:
"Madrid have 13... 13 Champions Leagues, right? That's a very good number. In the Copa it's a bit worse, but we want to change that and we're trying to change that."
January transfer window:
"It's not true that I don't like the mid-season window. Until 31 January, anything can happen at every club."
Style of football:
"I don't know if the Bernabéu would ever like to see 1,000 passes. Each team has its own style. I played at the Bernabéu and what the fans want is to see the team give its all out on the pitch."
Eden Hazard's return from injury:
"He's back out on the training pitch with the coaches, but he isn't with the group yet. We'll see this week how we continue to manage his return."
Will Gareth Bale be back after missing the win at Real Valladolid?
"You'll see tomorrow when I name my squad, as always. Every player is desperate to be fit and available, and that's the most important thing."
Criticism despite success, suggestions he's a lucky coach:
"I always say the same: I'm not going to change. The most important thing is that this club has given me the chance to coach this team, these players, who are bloody brilliant."
Casemiro's lack of rest:
"We know how important he is. You always want to play your best players and it's true that Casi is a very important part of this squad who plays a lot."
Following progress of players out on loan:
"I look at every player we have, of course. What's most important to me is that they get minutes at the clubs where they're at."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem